1. This page outlines the full company policy of Bushmoor Kennels & Cattery including our online payment systems and our boarding contracts. Nothing in these terms affects your statutory rights.
2. All deposits are non-refundable and amount to 50% of the total booking fee for standard lodgings. However, out of peak season, deposits may be transferable to another booking window.
3. We do not offer refunds unless an error has been made during booking which is attributable to a fault by Bushmoor Kennels & Cattery.
4. We may make an exception in extreme circumstances and when we are given plenty of notice. We will make every effort to be both fair and accommodating.
5. An up-to-date vaccination card must accompany all guests, both canine and feline; this card has to stay on site for the duration of your pet's stay with us. Dogs require Canine Distemper, Canine Parvovirus, Infectious Canine Hepatitis, Canine Leptospirosis and Canine Influenza (kennel cough)
Cats require Cat flu (feline herpesvirus and feline calcivirus) and feline enteritis (feline panleukopenia virus)
Rabbits require Viral Haemorrhagic Disease (VHD) and Myxomatosis
6. We may not be able to accept your pet if this card is not present at time of arrival. No refund will be made if this is the case.
7. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee for obtaining your pet's vaccination records from your veterinary surgery.
8. All fees are to be charged on a 'per day' basis. This includes both the day of arrival and departure. This allows you to drop off or pick up your pet at a time that suits you, within our opening hours.
9. Fees must be paid in full on the day of collection.
10. Fees are inclusive of bedding, food and heating for your pet.
11. Fees can be paid either by Cash, Cheque or by bank transfer.
12. Bushmoor Kennels & Cattery do charge extra for bank holidays, in addition to the following dates: 25th December, 26th December, 1st January.
13. Extra services (such as collection or drop off) are priced separately and are added to the final account; these must also be paid on day of arrival.
14. A deposit must be paid at time of booking. Deposits are 50% of the total booking price. This will secure the booking.
15. We withhold the right to cancel your booking at any time, without notice, if a deposit has not been paid. We do not accept liability for any repercussions as a result of the booking being cancelled without notice.
16. Deposits are non refundable.
17. We require an emergency contact number for your pets while you are away. We will contact this number in circumstances where medical attention is advised.
18. We will seek veterinary assistance should it be deemed necessary, all veterinary fees are the responsibility of the client and are payable at the time of departure. We have a strong relationship with our neighbours, Clarendon House veterinary surgery, which is just a few hundred metres from our premises.
19. Deposits are non-refundable.
20. We will always attempt to notify customers of our intention to gain medical attention for their pets, however this is not always possible before hand, and your pet’s welfare is our immediate concern.
21. You are more than welcome to bring personal belongings with your pets, such as bedding and toys from home. While we take reasonable precautions, we do not accept any responsibility, financial or otherwise, for damage to or loss of owner-provided collars, beds, bedding, toys, cages etc.
22. We cannot guarantee that we will return any personal belongings left on site while you are away.
23. Any bedding must be in a clean and parasite free condition when being left on-site although owners are encouraged not to was the bedding immediately prior to boarding as familiar smells can help the dog settle in quicker.
24. You are welcome to leave your pet carriers and leads on site while you are away. We require these to be clearly marked with the clients name and address.
Feeding your Pets
25. We feed a fully balanced diet to all dogs and cats. But have no objection to you supplying your own food; there is no discount for providing your own food due to the added time preparation time.
26. We do not accept any responsibility for any negative side effects as a result of customer supplied food.
27. We cannot guarantee any remaining food or food containers will be returned at the end of the boarding period.
28. Food containers or bags should be clearly marked with your pet's name and your booking reference.
29. Please discuss any special dietary, exercise or medical requirements when making a booking.
Pet Boarding Extensions
30. We appreciate that our customer’s plans can be prone to change and your reservation dates will need to be extended. Please call us if you cannot pick up your pet on the scheduled date.
31. In most circumstances extending the boarding period will not be a problem, please understand that during busy periods we are not able to accommodate another boarder without knowing when your pets will be leaving.
32. We reserve the right to charge customers a late collection fee if they do not collect their pets on the specified collection day and do not give us adequate notice beforehand.
33. If you fail to collect your pet within 14 days of the scheduled departure date, and you have not made arrangements to extend the boarding period and are uncontactable by phone and post, we will look into rehoming your pet with an animal welfare charity.
Your Pet’s Medication
34. We are happy to give our customers pets their medication whenever required during your pets stay, without any extra charge.
35. Any medicine has to be provided by the owner on the arrival day.
36. Medication must be clearly labelled with the pet's name, booking reference, and medication dosage.
37. If you require us to administer medication, we do not take any responsibility for the effects of this medication during the boarding period, as always, pets will be boarded at owners risk.
38. Your pet’s welfare is our foremost priority.
39. We have a standard form that will be completed on arrival detailing any medications your pet requires. These records will be updated each time medication is administered and are available on request.
40. It is the owner’s responsibility to leave enough medication to cover the length of the visit.